What are Cluster Win or Cluster Pays slots?
Cluster pays slots are to stay, but what exactly are they? The fact that slot machines have reels is one of the most distinctive features about them, regardless of whether they take place in the physical world or online digitally. Since the invention of the first slot game, it has been using a set of reels as the foundation for the game, and little has changed over time.
Slot games generally stick to this reel system, with five-reel games, six-reel games, and more becoming increasingly popular. And although most slot games adhere to the classic number of reels (five), some casino game providers are changing this trend.
Who Came First?
Netent first implemented the innovative payline mechanism known as Cluster Pays in the online slot called Aloha! Cluster Pays. It replaces the conventional payline structure, left to right and vice versa, with a ‘cluster’ one.
The most significant feature of cluster pays is that symbols must fall next to one another and touch one of the four corners. Because of this, slot symbols may be matched simultaneously up and down, left to right, or vice versa. Regardless of reels, position, or lines, matching symbols can all lead to winning combinations.
The value of each symbol determines the payouts. The greater your cluster, the bigger the prize!
Netent Cluster Pays Slots
Aloha Cluster Pays Slot
Aloha! Cluster Pays is a NetEnt slot game that started the whole cluster pays slots phenomenon. It can be played across all devices, utilizing 6 reels, 5 rows, and the cluster pay mechanic to help achieve wins when forming clusters of the same symbols (you need 9 or more).
The game is further enhanced by Substitution and high-value symbols. When you land a cluster, the Sticky Win Re-Spins may trigger, where winning symbols will be kept in place while the rest re-spin. The re-spin can add more winning symbols to your cluster, and so boost your win!
There’s also a Free Spins symbol, which is triggered when you get three or more free spins symbols.
- 3 will award 9 free spins,
- 4 will award 10 free spins,
- 5 will award 11 free spins
- 6 will award 12 free spins.
The Symbols Drop feature, activated during free spins, has a Symbol Drop mechanism. Low-win symbols are removed as the game progresses. During the feature, look for more free spins symbols.
- 3 will award you with 1 more free spin
- 4 will award you with 2 more free spins
- 5 will award you with 3 more free spins
- 6 will award you with an extra 4 free spins.
Get ready with your Hawaiian shirt, things are heating up in Aloha! Cluster Pays!
Finn’s Golden Tavern Cluster Pays Slot
Another mighty fine Cluster pays slot from the Netent cluster pay slots stable is Finn’s Golden Tavern. Finn, the lucky leprechaun, has a lot to live up to after the outrageous success of his adventures in Finn and the Swirly Spin. But the luck of the Irish is sure with him as he invites you to join him on a night out in his Golden Tavern.
This one, like the first game in the series, has a lot of features.
- This is the most common feature in the game which happens every time you get a winning combination. When you hit a winning combo or cluster, the winning symbols will explode. More symbols will fall into their place and could offer more wins.
- In this game, different from the first, you must move the Chest to the center to activate free spins. If you do this, you get 5 free spins and a new multiplier meter shaped like a compass. For each Wild that is generated during the avalanches, it will go up one level. For every five steps on the meter, the multiplier will increase by 1x.
Coin Bonus Feature
- When activated during free spins, a variety of coin symbols will appear on your reels, offering you an instant cash prize for the entire amount.
Random Coin Feature
- Another coin function is also included in the game, which is randomly triggered. When it happens, look for the treasure chest symbol in the loop of symbols. The game will automatically convert any low-value symbols to coin symbols before adding them to your win.
Fist Slam Feature
- This is the last randomly triggered feature, and it occurs if you don’t get a winning combination in the base game. Finn will smash his fist onto your reels, changing a symbol to a coin for a more positive outcome.
And, of course, Cluster Pays!
- You can create incredible, unique winning combinations with three or more matching symbols when you get horizontal or vertical line wins. If no Wild Symbol is present in a winning combination, a Wild will be generated in place of one of the symbols that has exploded and vanished. However, if a Wild Symbol appears in your winning combination, the Wild will erupt and destroy symbols vertically and horizontally next to it.
Cluster Pays good and Bad points.
- These slots are unpredictable. You might win more than you expect!
- These slots are great since they have no pay lines rules.
- There is a chance of winning big cash prizes, depending on the slot game that you play.
- You can find a lot of cool features in cluster slots.
- Landing the high clusters leads to big wins.
Not quite so Good points.
- Keeping track of your winnings might be difficult at first.
- There are not that many cluster slot games available at the moment.
If you’re looking for a new type of slot game, cluster slots may be the way to go. The good points about these games are that they have no pay lines rules, and there is a chance of winning big cash prizes from the high clusters. However, not all aspects of this kind of slot machine are as great as other types because it can be difficult to keep track of your winnings at first, and only a few cluster games exist currently. Nevertheless, if you want an exciting experience with unpredictable outcomes, give these slots a try in CasinoRoom today!